JVB carried out a single storey extension project for clients Mr and Mrs Anderson, which took 16 weeks from start to completion. The extension was constructed to accommodate a kitchen and garden room. All work was carried out to schedule and to the desired specification. Having been appointed as the principal contractor we set about bringing James and Fiona’s dream space to life.
The design for this project was produced by Reigate Architects.
- Structural works
- Stripping of foundations
- Demolition to the existing rear extension, side patio and path to a garage
- Construction of a new single storey extension to the side and rear of the property
- Installation of a new kitchen
- Updating the existing bathroom
- Completing additional works as requested by client
How we delivered the works
Our working day on site was from 8:00am through to 4:00pm. Good attendance and punctuality were two of our main priorities to ensure the extension works ran smoothly and to provide the best possible service.
James and Fiona had some requests which differed from the original quotation provided by JVB. We produced a variation document for the client to confirm all the additional costs associated with the project, which was accepted, and the works began promptly.
Variations that James and Fiona requested included the addition of:
- Shelving in the garden room
- Skimming the back bedroom, removing a cupboard and boxing in pipes
- Clearing the upstairs bathroom, re-boarding the ceiling, plastering and painting
- Additional electrical works